Buyer means the client specified on the Trailer & Trailers invoice;
Components includes a part or parts of Goods or an accessory thereto, supplied by Trailer & Trailers to the Buyer
Goods means trailers or Components sold to the Buyer
Repairs means repair of the Goods or Components undertaken by Trailer & Trailers for the Buyer.
Warranty means the warranty set out below
Subject to the limitations and qualifications set out below, Trailer & Trailers warrants that:
- the Goods and Components are of merchantable quality, fit for purpose, and free from defect for a period of one (1) year from the date of manufacture; and
- Repairs will be performed with due skill and care and fit for the purpose for a period of one (1) year from completion of Repairs.
The Warranty does not apply to any claim in respect of Goods, Components or Repairs arising out of or in consequence directly or indirectly from any one or more of the following:
- wear and tear;
- any failure to properly maintain and/or service;
- improper use, maltreatment, carelessness, neglect, including but not limited to carrying loads or use in excess of structural or legal capacity;
- use that is not in accordance with any instructions given by Trailer & Trailers;
- intentional, inadvertent or accidental damage;
- exposure to any chemical, substance, the atmosphere, weather, heat, moisture or any other element;
- inadequate or improper storage, transportation or maintenance;
- modification, conversion, alteration or adjustment made without the written authorisation of Trailer & Trailers or its authorised representative;
The Warranty does not apply to second hand or used wheels or tyres on any Goods.
To make a claim the Buyer must:
- contact Trailer & Trailers by telephone or email and give a description of the facts surrounding the claim and any other information required by Trailer & Trailers within 30 days after the Buyer noticed or ought reasonably have noticed the matter giving rise to the claim; and,
- return the Goods and/or Components to Trailer & Trailers as directed at the Buyer’s own expense within 30 days of making a claim; and
- provide Trailer & Trailers with evidence of purchase satisfactory to Trailer & Trailers ;
If the Buyer does not comply with these requirements, it may in its absolute discretion deny the claim and Trailer & Trailers is thereupon absolved of all liability under this Warranty.
Subject to Trailer & Trailers obligations under the Australian Consumer Law that may not be excluded, modified or restricted, under the Warranty Trailer & Trailers’ liability is limited as follows:
For Goods or Components Trailer & Trailers may in its absolute discretion:
- repair the Goods or Components; or
- replace the Goods or any Components therein; or,
- refund the price paid;
and, For Repairs, Trailer & Trailers may in its absolute discretion:
- repair the Goods or Components again; or,
- refund the price paid for the Repairs.
Trailer & Trailers’ liability does not include or extend to the costs (including labour costs) of transportation of Goods or Components to or from Trailer & Trailers’ premises.
Goods or Components accepted by Trailer & Trailers for Repair may at its absolute discretion be repaired with refurbished goods or components. Any Goods or Components replaced become the property of Trailer & Trailers.
Under the Australian Consumer Law, in certain circumstances, the Goods and Components are subject to guarantees that cannot be excluded. These guarantees apply in addition to other rights and remedies the Buyer may have. The guarantees apply to a Buyer where:
- the amount paid or payable for the Goods or Components does not exceed $40,000.00 (except where the Goods are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, and the Manufacturer has limited its liability in a manner permitted by the Australian Consumer Law, in which case the Buyer’s rights are limited to that extent);
- the Goods are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption; or
- the Goods are a trailer acquired for use principally in the transport of goods on public roads, unless the Buyer acquired the Goods for the purpose or re-supply or the purpose of using it up or transforming it in trade or commerce,
The Buyer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The Buyer is also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.